maybe it's something, or maybe it's nothing

she was beautiful like a demolition
and that is the only way i can describe it.
and i tried to give it my all
and well,
i think i did
but it didn't do anything for me
i've been seeing her ghost
with every shift of season
and if i had known that i would end up bleeding
curled up in our old bed sheets, reading,
i would have closed that wound
long ago.
and i know that she's at home
or maybe not
and i'm everything but on her mind
not my hair or skin or eyes
so prove to me things will get better.
and goddamn it i don't mean it
i hope i don't mean it
and surely i'll lose sleep over it.
but then there are these things
that seem to change everything.
but for now i'll wake up
wash my face and brush my teeth
pouring nearly empties down the sink
each and every morning
to start these days again.


readers